Landscape Design Challenge
This client envisioned a multi-element xeriscape garden that would accommodate his large get-togethers. He also wanted Vegetable Beds watered by drip irrigation to be installed. The space was huge, mostly grass and weeds with a couple fenced sections.
OUR INTUITIVE SOLUTION
Jamie evaluated the large lot and proposed a complete design solution.
- Remove chain link fence to expand yard size towards driveway.
- Remove some of the grass and replace with gravel, wood chips and drought friendly plants strategically placed in a manner to be viewed and not trampled.
- Install stone fire pit.
- Construct a walking path.
- Build elevated arbor with solid top to place a table and chairs.
- Stain fence to match color of dark arbor.
- Mow, fertilize and seed remaining grass area to thicken up the lawn.
- Build custom raised vegetable garden beds near shed.
After several days in client's expansive yard, we amazed him with exactly what he envisioned for this space. The comfort and utility the new yard provides are to be enjoyed for years to come.
Our expanded crew worked hard in the heat. Operating heavy machinery and several tools. Jamie has her hands in all our jobs but at this job, she got them even dirtier. Well worth it..? We think so and the client loves it.